Principal Software Engineer with full-stack experience designing and developing products for the enterprise
and consumer markets. Enjoy working on a focused team to build software that users love. Self-motivated and
Principal Software Engineer - DealerSocket
Enhanced and maintained the Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. Design and architect
new microservice solutions, define and implement system performance improvements, debug and improve existing
code, and provide cross-organization technical leadership. Served as Sr. Software Engineer for RevenueRadar
equity mining tool, enables scheduled data import and processing jobs and analyzes the CRM databases, vehicle
service records, and vendor data to generate potential sales and service leads. Improved reliability by
creating Kibana dashboards to identify and prioritize defects and performance issues. Key projects and
- Batch Vehicle Valuation Service - C#, .NET Core, AWS (Lambda, SQS, S3) - Designed and implemented
microservice that enables asynchronous data requests from 3rd party systems, parallelizes and throttles the
requests, and stores the results in S3.
- Lead Scoring - T-SQL, SQL Server - Developed a system for evaluating potential sales leads, use the
to prioritize marketing campaigns, and display the scores to sales people.
- Database Optimization - T-SQL - Improved processing time of some jobs 10x to 100x.
- Modernized Single Page Applications - React, TypeScript - Migrated applications from ASPX Web
Knockout.js to React. Converted from server rendering of pages to RESTful APIs.
- Cross-product Integration - C#, .NET - Analyzed existing data structures and made changes to
integration between the CRM and dealership financial management systems (DMS). Also, improved user-facing
enables the easy creation and update of frontend web applications, including all of standard libraries, lint
rules, and project structure.
- Technical Leadership - Served as Scrum Master for 2.5 years, following Scrum and SAFe
Provided high-level design ideas and early estimates to the product organization, participated in various
guilds and committees (e.g., frontend development, tech leads, performance, architecture and security).
Assisted in debugging critical system issues, and defined cross-organization architecture and standards.
Senior Software Engineer - Avaya
Development lead responsible for integration activities after Avaya's acquisition of
Conversive. Worked with all business areas including development, IT, testing, legal, marketing, training,
professional services, sales, and offshore resources.
- Doubled the supported traffic levels of the product through load testing, performance analysis, tuning,
and refactoring of the databases (OLTP, data warehouse, and archive).
- Updated the product and development environments to meet internal standards and process requirements.
- Provided bug-fix patches, database tuning, and server management.
- Prototyped cloud chat system built with ASP.NET MVC 5 and tested it with different storage systems
including: AWS DynamoDB, Cassandra, and MySQL.
Senior Software Engineer - Conversive
First full-time developer responsible for all things tech. Designed and implemented
semi-automated customer service web chat application for use in large contact centers. Coordinated with
clients, including Fortune 500 companies and resellers, to deploy software and infrastructure.
- Web Chat System - Scalable chat system with hybrid integration between human and natural language
processing engine; customer service user interface contained many different features to make the agents
extremely efficient; cross-browser support.
- Natural Language Engine - Returned a static or dynamic answer to natural language questions;
easy-to-create automation for question-answer pairs or customizable code for complexity and integration with
third party systems; horizontally scalable.
- Online Management Interface - User administration, system configuration, and knowledge management
(versioning, source control, approval, and auditing).
- Data Warehouse and Reporting - Imported data from transactional database into a star schema for use
by the reporting system.
- Verbots - Consumer oriented product used by hobbyist and small businesses to create natural
language chat bots with animated talking heads for the Windows desktop or web.
Skills and Technologies
- ASP.NET, HTML, DOM, CSS, React, Redux, Jest, Material-UI, ESLint
- REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, HTTP, Web Services, Microservices
- SQL Server, T-SQL, ELK, Data Warehouse, ETL, Data Mining
- Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Agile software development
- Some experience with: jQuery, Knockout.js, Angular.js, Java, Kafka, Python, Machine Learning, AWS, Azure
- Interested in: WebAssembly, Go (golang), Lua, NoSQL, Android
- Numbers Game (numbers.sketchium.com) -
Azure, React, TypeScript - Hobby project to build a casual game where the player solves puzzles using basic
- B.S., Computer Science; California State University, Sacramento; 2001