Senior Software Engineer with full-stack experience developing, shipping, and maintaining software products and services. Enjoy collaborating on focused teams to rapidly build applications that users love.
Senior Software Engineer - DealerSocket
DealerSocket provides software as a service for car dealerships. Work on RevenueRadar, an equity mining tool that finds sales and service opportunities in the dealer’s database. Currently focused on Microsoft SQL Server stored procedure tuning and third party integrations using agile practices and scrum.
Senior Software Engineer - Avaya
Development lead responsible for integration activities associated with Avaya's acquisition of Conversive. Designed, developed, tested, and successfully released a new version of the product to the market. Work with all business areas including development, IT, testing, legal, marketing, training, professional services, sales, and offshore resources. Continued to maintain and improve the application while researching next gen solutions.
- Doubled the supported traffic levels of the product through load testing, performance analysis, tuning, and refactoring of the databases (OLTP, data warehouse, and archive).
- Updated the product and development environments to meet internal standards and process requirements.
- Provided bug-fix patches, database tuning, and server management.
- Prototyped cloud chat system built with ASP.NET MVC 5 and tested it with different storage systems including: AWS DynamoDB, Cassandra, and MySQL.
- Created sandboxed C# code compiler and execution environment—given a chunk of C# code, the system compiles the code into an assembly and loads it in a sandboxed AppDomain. Execution of the code takes place in a background thread that can be timed out.
Senior Software Engineer - Conversive
First full-time developer responsible for all things tech. Designed and implemented semi-automated customer service web chat application for use in large contact centers. Participated in all phases of software and project development, including: requirements definition and analysis, system architecture design and development, development testing/debugging, and ongoing maintenance. Coordinated with clients, including Fortune 500 companies and resellers, to deploy software and infrastructure. Managed and coordinated contractors, developers, and interns. Major development projects include:
- Natural Language Engine - C#, ASP.NET - Returns a static or dynamic answer to natural language questions; easy to create automation for simple question-answer pairs, and customizable via dynamically compiled code for more complex use cases and integration with third party systems; scales by adding more web servers.
- Data Warehouse and Reporting - SSIS, T-SQL, SQL Server, Crystal Reports - Packages for importing data from transactional database into a star schema (dimensions and facts) for use by the reporting system. Stored procedures, report definition files, and web viewer; allows users to report on chat and natural language system usage.
- Verbots and Verbots Online - C#, Windows Forms, ASP.NET - Consumer oriented product with nearly 200,000 downloads, used by hobbyist and small businesses to create natural language chat bots with animated talking heads for the Windows desktop or web.
- Ops, Dev, and Test Tools - License Manager, Server Monitor, Load Generator, Chat Invitation Library, Character Animator, and other custom tools.
- ASP.NET, HTML, DOM, CSS, jQuery, ActionScript
- SQL Server, T-SQL, Data Warehouse, Dimensional design, ETL
- XML, HTTP, Web Services, Git, Subversion, SDLC
- Some experience with: Python, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS
- Interested in: Scala, Go (golang), Erlang/Elixir, NoSQL, Android
- Netflix Prize Entry - D Language. Fit 100 million (movie id, user id, rating) tuples in less than 700 MB of RAM (indexed both by movie and user), used machine learning to achieve a RMSE of 0.9158 compared to Netflix’s Cinematch score of 0.9514 (lower error is better).
- B.S., Computer Science; California State University, Sacramento; 2001